Marvelous IoT: Exploring the Realm of Smart Technology
IoT is an increasingly important and pervasive technology in our world, and it is important for children to be exposed to it from a young age. This course is designed to introduce 3rd graders to the basic concepts of IoT in a fun and engaging way. By the end of the course, students will have a basic understanding of IoT, how IoT devices are connected, and how they communicate with each other. They will have developed simple IoT projects using microcontrollers and sensors and fostered an interest in STEM fields.
What is Internet of Things (IoT) ?
The Internet of Things (IoT) refers to the network of physical objects or "things" that are embedded with sensors, software, and other technologies to connect and exchange data with other devices and systems over the internet. IoT enables the seamless communication and integration of devices, resulting in increased efficiency, convenience, and automation in various aspects of daily life and industries.
Module 1: Introduction to IoT
• Overview of IoT and its applications
• What is IoT?
• Why is IoT important?
• Examples of IoT devices
Module 2: Microcontrollers
• What is a microcontroller?
• Basic programming concepts
• Hands-on activity: Introduction to coding with Scratch
Module 3: Sensors
• What are sensors?
• Types of IoT devices and sensors
• How they work and what they can do
• Hands-on activity: Working with a temperature sensor
Module 4: LEDs
• What are LEDs?
• How to use them with a microcontroller
• Hands-on activity: Controlling an LED with code
Module 5: Motors
• What are motors?
• How to control them with a microcontroller
• Hands-on activity: Building a motorized car
Module 6: IoT Communication
• How IoT devices communicate with each other
• Hands-on activity: Creating a simple IoT project
Module 7: IoT Security
• Overview of IoT security
• How to keep IoT devices secure
• Hands-on activity: Creating a secure IoT project
Module 8: Final Project Preparation
• Brainstorming and planning for final project
• Reading: More Internet of Things for Kids
Final Project: Smart Home Automation System
- Students will develop a simple smart home automation system that uses a microcontroller and various sensors to control lights and temperature in a room.
1. Learn the concept of the Internet of Things (IoT) through fun and engaging activities
2. Be able to explain how IoT devices are connected to and communicate with each other
3. Gain hands-on experience through creating simple IoT projects using microcontrollers and sensors
4. Cultivate creativity, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills
我們專有的網上學習平台，並與免費的創意和生產工具無縫協作，為 DECT 教育即時提供作業和學習材料管理、遠端協作、分析等功能，滿足不同使用者的學術及管理需求。
培訓專業教師計劃是維持數譜生態系統的基石。這是一個可擴展的專業發展模式，當中全面的 DECT 內容和學習管理系統可分別為教師提供相關支持。
Krystal OTP 包含所有辦公室軟件，有效提升日常工作效率和減輕營運成本，為當今多元化 的業務營運需求提供了完善解決方案。