Certificate in CG Technical Artist
Technical artists are a mix of creative and technical operators who act as a liaison between the team of artists and programmers. They need visual skills and programming knowledge to understand and solve problems between the two departments.
In CG production, a good technical artist maintains the integrity of the artistic vision within the constraints of the software used. They work closely with game designers, lead artists, and lead programmers to advise technical resources, research new techniques, maintain tools and production pipelines, and prepare digital files of the finished artwork so that the team can run efficiently without compromising the visuals.
This program is designed to prepare students to become well-equipped technical artists for entry into the digital content creation industry. Upon graduation, students will have the knowledge, skills and tools to meet the challenges of digital content production and creation.
1. CG industry overview and industry norms: Briefly introduce the development history of the CG industry and the latest trends
2. Basic CG skills: Master the basic skills of CG production, including modeling, UV mapping, the use of game engines to create CG graphics, etc.
3. Programming fundamentals: Understand various scripting languages, such as Python, C++, Direct X, etc.
4. CG production process basics: Understand and be familiar with the CG project production process
5. CG project management methods: Learn how to contact game developers and programmers and manage CG projects
5 design principles are listed below.
Principle 1: Realistic introduction to the animation and game industry and related technology
Candidates often have an inaccurate impression of the game industry; it is vital for correct expectations to be set through training. In addition, showing highlights of the digital entertainment industry can instill enthusiasm in our students.
Principle 2: Lay the groundwork in basic technical skills
The program must provide comprehensive and meaningful training in the basic technical skills required for a competent CG animator or game artist. This includes foundational modules in design concepts, game systems, and animation theory.
Principle 3: Promote teamwork and collaboration among CG artists
We encourage close interaction between CG artists. This reflects the actual working conditions in game and animation studios, where CG artists often need to communicate in order to share knowledge, technical requirements and concerns.
Principle 4: Expose students to open source tools, technology and industry practices
As opposed to typical paid software, open-source tools, applications and techniques for the animation and game industry will be taught in the course, and they are free for students to have forever.
Principle 5: Balanced education between theoretical training and practical work
The education concept demands a strong emphasis on practical work and training. The comprehensive theoretical training provided would be reinforced through practice in lecture, assignments and laboratory work.
(The syllabus is as follows:
1. What is a technical artist and how can they help?
2. How does technical artist benefit production?
3. Requirements and capabilities for technical artists)
1. Understand the importance of technical artwork
2. Understand the role and job responsibilities of a technical artist
3. Possess the skills to become a professional technical artist
我們專有的網上學習平台，並與免費的創意和生產工具無縫協作，為 DECT 教育即時提供作業和學習材料管理、遠端協作、分析等功能，滿足不同使用者的學術及管理需求。
培訓專業教師計劃是維持數譜生態系統的基石。這是一個可擴展的專業發展模式，當中全面的 DECT 內容和學習管理系統可分別為教師提供相關支持。
Krystal OTP 包含所有辦公室軟件，有效提升日常工作效率和減輕營運成本，為當今多元化 的業務營運需求提供了完善解決方案。