Marvelous IoT: Exploring the Realm of Smart Technology
IoT is an increasingly important and pervasive technology in our world, and it is important for children to be exposed to it from a young age. This course is designed to introduce 3rd graders to the basic concepts of IoT in a fun and engaging way. By the end of the course, students will have a basic understanding of IoT, how IoT devices are connected, and how they communicate with each other. They will have developed simple IoT projects using microcontrollers and sensors and fostered an interest in STEM fields.
What is Internet of Things (IoT) ?
The Internet of Things (IoT) refers to the network of physical objects or "things" that are embedded with sensors, software, and other technologies to connect and exchange data with other devices and systems over the internet. IoT enables the seamless communication and integration of devices, resulting in increased efficiency, convenience, and automation in various aspects of daily life and industries.
Module 1: Introduction to IoT
• Overview of IoT and its applications
• What is IoT?
• Why is IoT important?
• Examples of IoT devices
Module 2: Microcontrollers
• What is a microcontroller?
• Basic programming concepts
• Hands-on activity: Introduction to coding with Scratch
Module 3: Sensors
• What are sensors?
• Types of IoT devices and sensors
• How they work and what they can do
• Hands-on activity: Working with a temperature sensor
Module 4: LEDs
• What are LEDs?
• How to use them with a microcontroller
• Hands-on activity: Controlling an LED with code
Module 5: Motors
• What are motors?
• How to control them with a microcontroller
• Hands-on activity: Building a motorized car
Module 6: IoT Communication
• How IoT devices communicate with each other
• Hands-on activity: Creating a simple IoT project
Module 7: IoT Security
• Overview of IoT security
• How to keep IoT devices secure
• Hands-on activity: Creating a secure IoT project
Module 8: Final Project Preparation
• Brainstorming and planning for final project
• Reading: More Internet of Things for Kids
Final Project: Smart Home Automation System
- Students will develop a simple smart home automation system that uses a microcontroller and various sensors to control lights and temperature in a room.
1. Learn the concept of the Internet of Things (IoT) through fun and engaging activities
2. Be able to explain how IoT devices are connected to and communicate with each other
3. Gain hands-on experience through creating simple IoT projects using microcontrollers and sensors
4. Cultivate creativity, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills
our proprietary cloud-based learning platform. It is designed to work seamlessly with free creative and development tools in providing support for DECT education.
Krystal’s Student Empowerment Programme (SEP) provides students the knowledge, skills and tools necessary to survive in the global digital economy, preparing them for excellence in their future careers.
is a comprehensive program designed to equip individuals and citizens with essential digital competencies and soft skills to thrive in the digital economy.
Provide DECT Professional TTT Training and Support for Teachers
Krystal OTP includes all the office tools needed to keep daily office tasks running efficiently and economically.