Certificate in CG Technical Artist
Technical artists are a mix of creative and technical operators who act as a liaison between the team of artists and programmers. They need visual skills and programming knowledge to understand and solve problems between the two departments.
In CG production, a good technical artist maintains the integrity of the artistic vision within the constraints of the software used. They work closely with game designers, lead artists, and lead programmers to advise technical resources, research new techniques, maintain tools and production pipelines, and prepare digital files of the finished artwork so that the team can run efficiently without compromising the visuals.
This program is designed to prepare students to become well-equipped technical artists for entry into the digital content creation industry. Upon graduation, students will have the knowledge, skills and tools to meet the challenges of digital content production and creation.
1. CG industry overview and industry norms: Briefly introduce the development history of the CG industry and the latest trends
2. Basic CG skills: Master the basic skills of CG production, including modeling, UV mapping, the use of game engines to create CG graphics, etc.
3. Programming fundamentals: Understand various scripting languages, such as Python, C++, Direct X, etc.
4. CG production process basics: Understand and be familiar with the CG project production process
5. CG project management methods: Learn how to contact game developers and programmers and manage CG projects
5 design principles are listed below.
Principle 1: Realistic introduction to the animation and game industry and related technology
Candidates often have an inaccurate impression of the game industry; it is vital for correct expectations to be set through training. In addition, showing highlights of the digital entertainment industry can instill enthusiasm in our students.
Principle 2: Lay the groundwork in basic technical skills
The program must provide comprehensive and meaningful training in the basic technical skills required for a competent CG animator or game artist. This includes foundational modules in design concepts, game systems, and animation theory.
Principle 3: Promote teamwork and collaboration among CG artists
We encourage close interaction between CG artists. This reflects the actual working conditions in game and animation studios, where CG artists often need to communicate in order to share knowledge, technical requirements and concerns.
Principle 4: Expose students to open source tools, technology and industry practices
As opposed to typical paid software, open-source tools, applications and techniques for the animation and game industry will be taught in the course, and they are free for students to have forever.
Principle 5: Balanced education between theoretical training and practical work
The education concept demands a strong emphasis on practical work and training. The comprehensive theoretical training provided would be reinforced through practice in lecture, assignments and laboratory work.
(The syllabus is as follows:
1. What is a technical artist and how can they help?
2. How does technical artist benefit production?
3. Requirements and capabilities for technical artists)
1. Understand the importance of technical artwork
2. Understand the role and job responsibilities of a technical artist
3. Possess the skills to become a professional technical artist
our proprietary cloud-based learning platform. It is designed to work seamlessly with free creative and development tools in providing support for DECT education.
Provide DECT Professional TTT Training and Support for Teachers
Krystal’s Student Empowerment Programme (SEP) provides students the knowledge, skills and tools necessary to survive in the global digital economy, preparing them for excellence in their future careers.
Krystal OTP includes all the office tools needed to keep daily office tasks running efficiently and economically.
is a comprehensive program designed to equip individuals and citizens with essential digital competencies and soft skills to thrive in the digital economy.