Certificate in CG Producer
To become a CG Producer, you need to have extensive experience working in CG (computer graphics) or VFX, which will be an important consideration for employers when hiring.
Producers are responsible for all aspects of animation production. They manage the director and all other departments to ensure that the project is delivered on time, within budget, and to the best creative requirements.
In this course, students will learn the complete production process of animation and the tools used in CG production, as well as production methods and management techniques.
This program is designed to prepare students to become well-equipped CG producers for the digital content creation industry. Upon graduation, students will have the knowledge, skills and tools to meet the challenges of digital content production and creation.
1. The roles involved in a CG project: Understand the responsibilities of the animation producer and key staff in the production of a CG project
2. CG project production process: Understand the responsibilities of producers in the development, production and post-production processes, and learn how to ensure the smooth development of the project
3. CG project management methods: Learn how to plan budgets, organize schedules and track the progress of the project
4. Other tasks involved in a CG project: Learn about talent recruitment, intellectual property and copyright protection, key contract drafting, and master the methods of product release and marketing
5 design principles are listed below.
Principle 1: Realistic introduction to the animation and game
industry and related technology
Candidates often have an inaccurate impression of the game
industry; it is vital for correct expectations to be set through training. In
addition, showing highlights of the digital entertainment industry can instill
enthusiasm in our students.
Principle 2: Lay the groundwork in basic technical skills
The program must provide comprehensive and meaningful training
in the basic technical skills required for a competent CG animator or game
artist. This includes foundational modules in design concepts, game systems,
and animation theory.
Principle 3: Promote teamwork and collaboration among CG artists
We encourage close interaction between CG artists. This reflects
the actual working conditions in game and animation studios, where CG artists
often need to communicate in order to share knowledge, technical requirements
Principle 4: Expose students to open source tools, technology
and industry practices
As opposed to typical paid software, open-source tools,
applications and techniques for the animation and game industry will be taught
in the course, and they are free for students to have forever.
Principle 5: Balanced education between theoretical training and
The education concept demands a strong emphasis on practical
work and training. The comprehensive theoretical training provided would be
reinforced through practice in lecture, assignments and laboratory work.
(The syllabus is as follows:
1. Animation producers and key crew roles
2. Responsibilities during development, production, and post-production
3. Maintaining a collaborative working environment
4. Planning, budgeting, scheduling, and tracking
5. Talent recruitment, rates, releases, intellectual property, copyright, and key contracts
6. Distribution, marketing, and licensing)
1. Master the mainstream trend of the global animation industry
2. Master the process of animation development
3. Master the document production methods for planning and managing animation productions
4. Master the method of planning and evaluating the whole animation project
our proprietary cloud-based learning platform. It is designed to work seamlessly with free creative and development tools in providing support for DECT education.
Krystal’s Student Empowerment Programme (SEP) provides students the knowledge, skills and tools necessary to survive in the global digital economy, preparing them for excellence in their future careers.
is a comprehensive program designed to equip individuals and citizens with essential digital competencies and soft skills to thrive in the digital economy.
Provide DECT Professional TTT Training and Support for Teachers
Krystal OTP includes all the office tools needed to keep daily office tasks running efficiently and economically.