MSc in Technical Artist for Game Development
Under the MSc in Media Technology curriculum, the main objective of the Technical Artist for Game Development Course is to bridge the gap between programmers and artists in game production. There is a great demand for such talent and very few courses are available in the world today to aspire young person to pursue such a career.
What does a technical artist do?
Technical artists are required to make trade-offs in the production process to increase the efficiency of graphics production and to make the game production process more fluid in terms of setup and operation.
Technical artists need to be familiar with all areas of the game (including lighting setup, mapping, and graphics-related programming languages (e.g. Shaders)), have a broad knowledge background (and the ability to apply them accurately to specific aspects of project production), and have good teamwork and communication skills.
(Technical artists' role is a relatively new one for the game industry but is becoming increasingly important as game consoles and PC hardware become more complex.
As the role of a technical artist is a specialized one, he must be able to show technical proficiency in areas such as lighting and rendering, texturing, and graphics-related programming languages such as Shaders.
Technical artists are expected to have extensive knowledge of art packages ranging from modeling to texturing and special effects and be able to customize them so they are as streamlined as possible for specific projects.
The ability to work well as part of a team is also important, while training and mentoring responsibilities require good communication and people management skills.)
1. Be proficient in various CG production tools, such as Blender
2. Understand various scripting languages such as Python, C++, Direct X, etc.
3. Be familiar with different hardware architectures (e.g. Xbox, PlayStation, Switch), and various PC graphics systems (e.g. Steam, WebGL)
4. Understand various game engines to implement the CG graphics production process
5. Master the techniques including lighting, rendering, texturing, modeling, setup, particle system animation, and graphics related programming languages (e.g. Shaders)
我們專有的網上學習平台，並與免費的創意和生產工具無縫協作，為 DECT 教育即時提供作業和學習材料管理、遠端協作、分析等功能，滿足不同使用者的學術及管理需求。
培訓專業教師計劃是維持數譜生態系統的基石。這是一個可擴展的專業發展模式，當中全面的 DECT 內容和學習管理系統可分別為教師提供相關支持。
Krystal OTP 包含所有辦公室軟件，有效提升日常工作效率和減輕營運成本，為當今多元化 的業務營運需求提供了完善解決方案。